Definitions of believe:
- verb: accept as true; take to be true
Example: "I believed his report"
- verb: credit with veracity
Example: "You cannot believe this man"
- verb: follow a credo; have a faith; be a believer
Example: "When you hear his sermons, you will be able to believe, too"
- verb: be confident about something
Example: "I believe that he will come back from the war"
- verb: judge or regard; look upon; judge
Example: "I believe her to be very smart"
Search for believe at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse