Definitions of beginning:
- noun: the act of starting something
Example: "He was responsible for the beginning of negotiations"
- noun: the first part or section of something
Example: "`It was a dark and stormy night' is a hackneyed beginning for a story"
- noun: the event consisting of the start of something
Example: "The beginning of the war"
- noun: the place where something begins, where it springs into being
Example: "The Italian beginning of the Renaissance"
- noun: the time at which something is supposed to begin
Search for beginning at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse