Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of bed:
- noun: a piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep
Example: "He sat on the edge of the bed"
- noun: a plot of ground in which plants are growing
Example: "The gardener planted a bed of roses"
- noun: a foundation of earth or rock supporting a road or railroad track
Example: "The track bed had washed away"
- noun: the flat surface of a printing press on which the type form is laid in the last stage of producing a newspaper or magazine or book etc.
- noun: a depression forming the ground under a body of water
Example: "He searched for treasure on the ocean bed"
- noun: (geology) a stratum of rock (especially sedimentary rock)
Example: "They found a bed of sandstone"
- noun: single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance
Example: "Slices of hard-boiled egg on a bed of spinach"
- noun: a stratum of ore or coal thick enough to be mined with profit
Example: "He worked in the coal beds"
- verb: furnish with a bed
Example: "The inn keeper could bed all the new arrivals"
- verb: put to bed
Example: "The children were bedded at ten o'clock"
- verb: place (plants) in a prepared bed of soil
- verb: have sexual intercourse with
- verb: go to bed in order to sleep
Search for bed at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse