Definitions of bat:
- noun: (baseball) a turn batting
Example: "He was at bat when it happened"
- noun: nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate
- noun: a club used for hitting a ball in various games
- noun: a bat used in playing cricket
- noun: a small racket with a long handle used for playing squash
- verb: wink briefly
Example: "Bat one's eyelids"
- verb: beat thoroughly in a competition or fight
- verb: strike with, or as if with a baseball bat
Example: "Bat the ball"
- verb: use a bat
Example: "Who's batting?"
- verb: have a turn at bat
Example: "Jones bats first, followed by Martinez"
Search for bat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse