Definitions of basil:
- noun: leaves or the common basil; used fresh or dried
- noun: (Roman Catholic Church) the bishop of Caesarea who defended the Church against the heresies of the 4th century; a saint and Doctor of the Church (329-379)
- noun: any of several Old World tropical aromatic annual or perennial herbs of the genus Ocimum
- name: A male given name (rare: 1 in 10000 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #668)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #13855)
Search for basil at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...