Synonyms / Related
Definitions of barrel:
- noun: a cylindrical container that holds liquids
- noun: a tube through which a bullet travels when a gun is fired
- noun: any of various units of capacity
Example: "A barrel of beer is 31 gallons and a barrel of oil is 42 gallons"
- noun: the quantity that a barrel (of any size) will hold
- noun: a bulging cylindrical shape; hollow with flat ends
- verb: put in barrels
Search for barrel at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...