Definitions of ban:
- noun: an official prohibition or edict against something
- noun: 100 bani equal 1 leu
- noun: a decree that prohibits something
- noun: a bachelor's degree in nursing
- verb: forbid the public distribution of ( a movie or a newspaper)
- verb: prohibit especially by legal means or social pressure
Example: "Smoking is banned in this building"
- verb: expel from a community or group
- verb: ban from a place of residence, as for punishment
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #36329)
Search for ban at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse