Definitions of bang:
- noun: a fringe of banged hair (cut short squarely across the forehead)
- noun: a sudden very loud noise
- noun: the swift release of a store of affective force
Example: "They got a great bang out of it"
- noun: a vigorous blow
Example: "He got a bang on the head"
- noun: a conspicuous success
Example: "The party went with a bang"
- verb: move noisily
Example: "The window banged shut"
- verb: to produce a sharp often metallic explosive or percussive sound
Example: "One of them banged the sash of the window nearest my bed"
- verb: leap, jerk, bang
- verb: strike violently
- verb: close violently
- verb: have sexual intercourse with
- adverb: directly
Example: "He ran bang into the pole"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10675)
Search for bang at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse