Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of balk:
- noun: an illegal pitching motion while runners are on base
- noun: the area on a billiard table behind the balkline
Example: "A player with ball in hand must play from the balk"
- noun: one of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof
- noun: something immaterial that interferes with or delays action or progress
- verb: refuse to comply
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #15929)
Search for balk at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...