Try out Spruce, our experimental quotations search engine.
Definitions of bag:
- noun: a flexible container with a single opening
Example: "He stuffed his laundry into a large bag"
- noun: a portable rectangular traveling bag for carrying clothes
Example: "He carried his small bag onto the plane with him"
- noun: a bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women)
Example: "She reached into her bag and found a comb"
- noun: an ugly or ill-tempered woman
Example: "He was romancing the old bag for her money"
- noun: the quantity of game taken in a particular period (usually by one person)
Example: "His bag included two deer"
- noun: the quantity that a bag will hold
Example: "He ate a large bag of popcorn"
- noun: an activity that you like or at which you are superior
Example: "His bag now is learning to play golf"
- noun: mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats)
- noun: place that runner must touch before scoring
Example: "He scrambled to get back to the bag"
- verb: hang loosely, like an empty bag
- verb: capture or kill, as in hunting
Example: "Bag a few pheasants"
- verb: put into a bag
Example: "The supermarket clerk bagged the groceries"
- verb: take unlawfully
- verb: bulge out; form a bulge outward, or be so full as to appear to bulge
Search for bag at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse