Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of assignment:
- noun: the act of distributing something to designated places or persons
Example: "The first task is the assignment of an address to each datum"
- noun: a duty that you are assigned to perform (especially in the armed forces)
- noun: an undertaking that you have been assigned to do (as by an instructor)
- noun: the instrument by which a claim or right or interest or property is transferred from one person to another
- noun: the act of putting a person into a non-elective position
- noun: (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
Search for assignment at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...