Definitions of around:
- adverb: in circumference
Example: "The trunk is ten feet around"
- adverb: by a circular or circuitous route
Example: "He came all the way around the base"
- adverb: in a circle or circular motion
Example: "The wheels are spinning around"
- adverb: to a particular destination either specified or understood
Example: "She came around to see me"
- adverb: in the area or vicinity
Example: "Hanging around"
- adverb: from beginning to end; throughout
Example: "Frigid weather the year around"
- adverb: all around or on all sides
Example: "Dirty clothes lying around (or about)"
- adverb: in or to a reversed position or direction
Example: "Suddenly she turned around"
- adverb: to or among many different places or in no particular direction
Example: "News gets around (or about)"
- adverb: (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct
Example: "Weighs around a hundred pounds"
Search for around at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse