Announcing the winners of the RhymeZone Poetry Prize!
Definitions of arm:
- noun: the part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person
- noun: any projection that is thought to resemble an arm
Example: "The arm of the record player"
- noun: a human limb; technically the part of the superior limb between the shoulder and the elbow but commonly used to refer to the whole superior limb
- noun: the part of a garment that is attached at armhole and provides a cloth covering for the arm
- noun: any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting
- noun: an administrative division of some larger or more complex organization
- verb: supply with arms
Example: "The U.S. armed the freedom fighters in Afghanistan"
- verb: prepare oneself for a military confrontation
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #75381)
Search for arm at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse