Synonyms / Related
Definitions of approximate:
- verb: be close or similar
Example: "Her results approximate my own"
- verb: judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time)
- adjective: located close together
Example: "Approximate leaves grow together but are not united"
- adjective: very close in resemblance
Example: "Sketched in an approximate likeness"
- adjective: not quite exact or correct
Example: "The approximate time was 10 o'clock"
Search for approximate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...