Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of appropriate:
- verb: take possession of by force, as after an invasion
- verb: give or assign a share of money or time to a particular person or cause
- adjective: suitable for a particular person or place or condition etc
Example: "A book not appropriate for children"
- adjective: suitable and fitting
- adjective: meant or adapted for an occasion or use
Example: "Not an appropriate (or fit) time for flippancy"
- adjective: being of striking appropriateness and pertinence
- adjective: appropriate for achieving a particular end; implies a lack of concern for fairness
Search for appropriate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...