Definitions of appreciation:
- noun: an increase in price or value
Example: "An appreciation of 30% in the value of real estate"
- noun: understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something
- noun: an expression of gratitude
Example: "He expressed his appreciation in a short note"
- noun: a favorable judgment
- noun: delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values)
Search for appreciation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse