Definitions of appear:
- verb: seem to be true, probable, or apparent
Example: "It appears that the weather in California is very bad"
- verb: present oneself formally, as before a (judicial) authority
Example: "He had to appear in court last month"
- verb: come into sight or view
Example: "He suddenly appeared at the wedding"
- verb: come into being or existence, or appear on the scene
Example: "Homo sapiens appeared millions of years ago"
- verb: be issued or published
Example: "Did your latest book appear yet?"
- verb: appear as a character on stage or appear in a play, etc.
Example: "Gielgud appears briefly in this movie"
- verb: give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect
Example: "This appears to be a very difficult problem"
Search for appear at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse