Synonyms / Related
Definitions of ape:
- noun: any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all
- noun: person who resembles a non-human primate
- noun: someone who copies the words or behavior of another
- verb: imitate uncritically and in every aspect
Example: "Her little brother apes her behavior"
- verb: represent in or produce a caricature of
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #53085)
Search for ape at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...