Definitions of anticipate:
- verb: act in advance of; deal with ahead of time
- verb: be a forerunner of or occur earlier than
Example: "This composition anticipates Impressionism"
- verb: realize beforehand
- verb: be excited or anxious about
- verb: regard something as probable or likely
- verb: make a prediction about; tell in advance
Search for anticipate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse