Definitions of anchor:
- noun: a mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving
- noun: a central cohesive source of support and stability
Example: "Faith is his anchor"
- noun: a television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute
- verb: secure a vessel with an anchor
Example: "We anchored at Baltimore"
- verb: fix firmly and stably
Example: "Anchor the lamppost in concrete"
Search for anchor at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse