Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of analysis:
- noun: an investigation of the component parts of a whole and their relations in making up the whole
- noun: the abstract separation of a whole into its constituent parts in order to study the parts and their relations
- noun: a branch of mathematics involving calculus and the theory of limits; sequences and series and integration and differentiation
- noun: a form of literary criticism in which the structure of a piece of writing is analyzed
- noun: the use of closed-class words instead of inflections: e.g., `the father of the bride' instead of `the bride's father'
- noun: a set of techniques for exploring underlying motives and a method of treating various mental disorders; based on the theories of Sigmund Freud
Example: "His physician recommended psychoanalysis"
Search for analysis at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...