Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of alto:
- noun: the pitch range of the lowest female voice
- noun: a singer whose voice lies in the alto clef
- noun: the highest adult male singing voice
- noun: the lowest female singing voice
- adjective: (of a musical instrument) second highest member of a group
Example: "Alto clarinet or recorder"
- adjective: of or being the lowest female voice
- adjective: of or being the highest male voice; having a range above that of tenor
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #23257)
Search for alto at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...