Definitions of along:
- adverb: with a forward motion
Example: "We drove along admiring the view"
- adverb: in accompaniment or as a companion
Example: "His little sister came along to the movies"
- adverb: in addition (usually followed by `with')
Example: "We sent them food and some clothing went along in the package"
- adverb: to a more advanced state
Example: "The work is moving along"
- adverb: in line with a length or direction (often followed by `by' or `beside')
Example: "Pass the word along"
Search for along at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse