Definitions of alien:
- noun: a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country
- noun: anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
- noun: a form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere
- verb: transfer property or ownership
Example: "The will aliened the property to the heirs"
- verb: arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness
- adjective: not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something
Example: "An economic theory alien to the spirit of capitalism"
- adjective: being or from or characteristic of another place or part of the world
Example: "Alien customs"
Search for alien at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse