Announcing the winners of the RhymeZone Poetry Prize!
Definitions of alarm:
- noun: a device that signals the occurrence of some undesirable event
- noun: an automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger
- noun: fear resulting from the awareness of danger
- noun: a clock that wakes sleeper at preset time
- verb: warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness
Example: "The empty house alarmed him"
- verb: fill with apprehension or alarm; cause to be unpleasantly surprised
Search for alarm at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse