Definitions of aid:
- noun: the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
Example: "Rescue party went to their aid"
- noun: a resource
Example: "Visual aids in teaching"
- noun: a gift of money to support a worthy person or cause
- noun: the work of caring for or attending to someone or something
- verb: improve the condition of
- verb: give help or assistance; be of service
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #88692)
Search for aid at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse