Definitions of acute:
- noun: a mark (') placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
- adjective: having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions
Example: "An acute observer of politics and politicians"
- adjective: of an angle; less than 90 degrees
- adjective: having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course
Example: "Acute appendicitis"
- adjective: of critical importance and consequence
Example: "An acute (or critical) lack of research funds"
- adjective: extremely sharp or intense
Example: "Acute pain"
- adjective: ending in a sharp point
Search for acute at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse