Definitions of acquire:
- verb: win something through one's efforts
Example: "I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese"
- verb: locate (a moving entity) by means of a tracking system such as radar
- verb: come into the possession of something concrete or abstract
Example: "They acquired a new pet"
- verb: take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect
- verb: gain through experience
Example: "I acquired a strong aversion to television"
- verb: acquire or gain knowledge or skills
Example: "Children acquire language at an amazing rate"
- verb: come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
Search for acquire at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse