Synonyms / Related
Definitions of accretion:
- noun: (law) an increase in a beneficiary's share in an estate (as when a co-beneficiary dies or fails to meet some condition or rejects the inheritance)
- noun: an increase by natural growth or addition
- noun: (geology) an increase in land resulting from alluvial deposits or water-borne sediment
- noun: (biology) growth by addition as by the adhesion of parts or particles
- noun: (astronomy) the formation of a celestial object by the effect of gravity pulling together surrounding objects and gases
- noun: something contributing to growth or increase
Example: "He scraped away the accretions of paint"
Search for accretion at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...