Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of account:
- noun: the quality of taking advantage
Example: "She turned her writing skills to good account"
- noun: importance or value
Example: "A person of considerable account"
- noun: a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance
Example: "They send me an accounting every month"
- noun: a formal contractual relationship established to provide for regular banking or brokerage or business services
Example: "He asked to see the executive who handled his account"
- noun: a record or narrative description of past events
Example: "He gave an inaccurate account of the plot to kill the president"
- noun: an itemized statement of money owed for goods shipped or services rendered
Example: "Send me an account of what I owe"
- noun: a statement that makes something comprehensible by describing the relevant structure or operation or circumstances etc.
Example: "I expected a brief account"
- noun: the act of informing by verbal report
Example: "By all accounts they were a happy couple"
- noun: grounds
Example: "Don't do it on my account"
- noun: a short account of the news
Example: "The account of his speech that was given on the evening news made the governor furious"
- verb: keep an account of
- verb: be the sole or primary factor in the existence, acquisition, supply, or disposal of something
Example: "Passing grades account for half of the grades given in this exam"
- verb: furnish a justifying analysis or explanation
Example: "I can't account for the missing money"
- verb: to give an account or representation of in words
Search for account at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse