Definitions of accounting:
- noun: a system that provides quantitative information about finances
- noun: a convincing explanation that reveals basic causes
Example: "He was unable to give a clear accounting for his actions"
- noun: a bookkeeper's chronological list of related debits and credits of a business; forms part of a ledger of accounts
- noun: the occupation of maintaining and auditing records and preparing financial reports for a business
- noun: a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance
Example: "They send me an accounting every month"
Search for accounting at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse