Lyrics and poems
Definitions of accounting:
- noun: a system that provides quantitative information about finances
- noun: a convincing explanation that reveals basic causes
Example: "He was unable to give a clear accounting for his actions"
- noun: a bookkeeper's chronological list of related debits and credits of a business; forms part of a ledger of accounts
- noun: the occupation of maintaining and auditing records and preparing financial reports for a business
- noun: a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance
Example: "They send me an accounting every month"
Search for accounting at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse