Synonyms / Related
Definitions of access:
- noun: the act of approaching or entering
Example: "He gained access to the building"
- noun: a way of entering or leaving
Example: "He took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge"
- noun: (computer science) the operation of reading or writing stored information
- noun: the right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership)
- noun: the right to enter
- verb: obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer
- verb: reach or gain access to
Example: "How does one access the attic in this house?"
Search for access at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...