Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of A:
- noun: the 1st letter of the Roman alphabet
- noun: the blood group whose red cells carry the A antigen
- noun: (biochemistry) purine base found in DNA and RNA; pairs with thymine in DNA and with uracil in RNA
- noun: one of the four nucleotides used in building DNA; all four nucleotides have a common phosphate group and a sugar (ribose)
- noun: the basic unit of electric current adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
Example: "A typical household circuit carries 15 to 50 amps"
- noun: a metric unit of length equal to one ten billionth of a meter (or 0.0001 micron); used to specify wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation
- noun: any of several fat-soluble vitamins essential for normal vision; prevents night blindness or inflammation or dryness of the eyes
Search for A at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...